mXe founder Heather Corndorf swears like a sailor and leaves a trail of glitter in her wake.
She believes that movement is a form of healing, and that all humans—you included—can harness its transformative power. She knows that feeling healthy, beautiful, and strong is different for each individual person, and she builds curriculum that honors those unique needs.
Heather is a born teacher and a professionally trained dancer. She’s been instructing group fitness, designing choreography, training instructors, and filming virtual and home DVD programs for more than 20 years, and has no intention of slowing down. She is an ACE-certified instructor, a health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and an award-winning wellness expert. Make no mistake: She is a force to be reckoned with.
After decades of teaching at top-notch gyms and clubs across the Midwest, Heather set out to create mXe. She wanted to offer wildly enjoyable movement classes; build a progressive community; and foster genuine self-love in all of her students. She recruited the best and brightest teachers from the Twin Cities fitness scene, and is over-the-moon excited that they’ll be sharing their expertise with the mXe family.
She is a loving mom, a diabetic, and a red lipstick junkie. It is virtually impossible to embarrass her. (Just try. Seriously.) When she’s not running the mXe empire, she’s freestyle rapping in her kitchen, dancing like nobody’s watching, or howling at the moon. And if you swing by mXe for a class, she WILL hug you.
Feel free to peruse her résumé:
- Life Time Fitness/ Master Instructor, 2006-2018
- Athleta/ Guest Fitness Instructor, 2012-2017
- lululemon/ Guest Fitness Instructor, 2008-present
- Bump Club/ Resident Fitness Instructor, 2013-present
- Calhoun Beach Club/ Group Fitness Instructor, 2006-2012
- General Mills/ Guest Fitness Instructor, 2011
- Equinox/ Group Fitness Instructor, 2003-2005
- Crunch/ Group Fitness Instructor, 2001-2005
- Nike Chicago Events, 2003-2005
- ECA, NYC, 2013, 2017
- DCAC, D.C., 2015, 2016
- EMPOWER! Fusion, MOXIE, Chicago, IL, 2013, 2014
- EMPOWER! Minneapolis, MN, 2013 - 2017
- IDEA World Conference, Los Angeles, CA, 2013
- MOXIE I and MOXIE II DVDs, 2014
- Wellbeats virtual classes, 2012-present
- Patrick Goudeau and Heather Corndorf’s Kickbox Burn DVD, 2013
- Life Time Fitness online workouts, 2012-present
- eHow presenter “Form and Function”, 2013-present
- Patrick Goudeau’s Aerobic Dance Workout DVD, 2003
CONTENT CREATION AND CHOREOGRAPHY EXPERIENCE
- Co-Creator of LifeBarre for Life Time Fitness, 2014
- MOXIE, 2014
- Sylvia’s Studio of Dance, Michigan
- Joe’s Garage (Frank Zappa rock opera), Michigan
- lululemon Ambassador, 2014-2016
- Life Time Fitness Instructor of the Month, December 2012
- University of Michigan Dance Scholarship, 1996-2000
- ACE Certified
- Health Coach, Institute of Integrative Nutrition
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor